Open Access Policy
In today's digital age, accessibility and affordability of information are paramount. Open Access is a policy that grants users full access to research work free of charge. Our journal fully embraces this philosophy, offering unrestricted access to all published materials. Users can read, copy, download, distribute, print, search, or link to articles for any lawful purpose without prior permission from the publisher or author, in line with the BOAI definition of open access. Authors, researchers, and scholars are encouraged to utilize our research database as a scholarly reference.
Our open-access policy is archived with ROARMAP, the Registry of Open Access Repository Mandates and Policies. ROARMAP catalogs open access mandates and policies adopted by universities, research institutions, and funders, emphasizing open access to peer-reviewed research outputs.
Furthermore, IJOHMN is registered with Sherpa/Romeo, a platform that aggregates and summarizes open access policies and copyright guidelines for journals globally, enhancing transparency and accessibility. This registration offers the following benefits:
Policy Clarity: Authors can conveniently access our open access and copyright policies, simplifying the publishing process.
Global Reach: Researchers worldwide can readily find information about our journal's policies.
Compliance Assurance: Our policies align with industry standards for open access publishing.
For detailed policies and inquiries, please visit our page on Jisc.
Copyright at IJOHMN:
When a manuscript is published in the journal, the author(s) retain the copyright of their original work while granting publication rights to the publisher. The author (s) may republish the article as part of a book or other materials.
Starting in January 2023, the copyright holder's name is now prominently displayed in both the PDF and HTML versions of each article. Previously, this information was only included in the HTML version. This update ensures that copyright details are easily accessible in all formats, enhancing the convenience for readers and users. Specifically, a copyright statement is now featured in the header of the first page within the full-text PDF of each article.
Example: Copyright ©2023 Author(s)
Ethical Use of Images and Copyright Compliance
At IJOHMN, we uphold the highest ethical and legal standards for the content we publish. We encourage authors to adhere to the following guidelines regarding the use of images:
- Use Original or Copyright-Compliant Images: Authors are strongly encouraged to use original images or images for which they have obtained the necessary permissions and licenses. This ensures compliance with copyright regulations.
- Consider Royalty-Free Images: If cost is a concern, authors should consider using royalty-free images, which can be a viable option for obtaining high-quality visuals without copyright restrictions.
- Avoid Plagiarism and Copyright Issues: All materials, including text, images, data, and tables, must be free of plagiarism and any copyright issues. Authors are responsible for ensuring that they have the right to use all content included in their manuscripts.
- Avoid Infringing Material: We strongly advise against using infringing material, as this may lead to legal consequences in the future. Copyright concerns typically arise when copyrighted content is used without proper permission or citation.
- Seek Permission for Copyrighted Content: Authors should refrain from using copyrighted content without the appropriate permissions from the copyright holders.
- Use of Reputable Sources for Images: Authors are strongly encouraged to obtain images from reputable sources that provide copyright-free or properly licensed images for their manuscripts. While the following two sources are recommended, authors may explore other websites as well to find suitable images:
These platforms offer extensive collections of images that are either copyright-free or available under licenses that permit their use in publications.
By adhering to these guidelines and utilizing images from trusted sources, authors can ensure the ethical and legal use of visuals in their manuscripts. This practice promotes transparency and ensures compliance with copyright regulations, enhancing the overall quality of their work.
CC-BY License: All content published in IJOHMN is licensed under the Creative Commons CC BY License. This license allows for the free sharing, adaptation, and reuse of published content, provided proper attribution is given to the original authors.
Starting in January 2023, the Creative Commons CC BY License License link is prominently displayed on the copyright holder's name, within the header of the first page in the full-text PDF of each article. This important change ensures that the license information is readily accessible in both the PDF and HTML versions of each article. Prior to this update, the license information was exclusively included in the HTML version. This enhancement strengthens our commitment to transparency and open access principles, making it easier for readers and users to understand the licensing terms of each article.